Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Memorizing and meditating

This book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Joshua 1:8
It was just recently that the Holy Spirit impressed on my heart the kind of preparation He wants me to take for where He will launch me. He has been showing me the effectiveness of not just memorizing a few verses but getting equipped by focusing on whole books. The first book is that of 1 Peter. And boy oh boy. As Jesus said,"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63 As I go about daily memorizing this first chapter of 1 Peter and meditating on the words they are bringing such life and hope to my heart. Thank You Jesus! My focus has shifted from all the impossible situations surrounding me and my prayers have all been on just praying the Words of life,
Even as I really started to purpose over the last week to seek God's kingdom first, the enemy launched a full scale attack on my family. I was almost surprised at the intensity of it until I realized it was a spiritual attack. Thank God for His word. In the midst of all the turmoil IT has been an umpire of peace to my heart and an anchor for my soul. This Word that I am meditating on will not depart from my mouth. I am determined. I have been declaring it over my life, my home and my job daily. He promises good success and I am looking forward to see God's word bear fruit in my life.
Blessings Vickie

No comments: